Saturday, April 23, 2011

Best Thing

One of the major songs that inspired this story is "Stay" by Sugarland. It's one of my favorite songs, Jennifer's voice and the lyrics make it so special. Jennifer wrote it all by herself and I find that fascinating. The thing that I find the most amazing about the song is that it's written from the prospective of a mistress and Jennifer's vulnerability makes you feel sorry for her. I told myself that I wanted to write a story similar to that. The other song that was the inspiration, "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles really helped explain Jasper and how he feels. Here is the video for "Stay", Jennifer's tears cut right through me and a video with lyrics for "Gravity".

Chapter 3 was also inspired by music a lot. Kellie Pickler's song "One Last Time"  really explained what James was going through, he's saying goodbye to someone that he still loves. "Somebody When I Stop Loving You" by Carrie Underwood perfectly explains Jasper, he's in a lot of pain because he has to watch the man that he loves walk away.

So I encountered a brick wall called writer's block and it was difficult for me to write anything at one point. I'm trying to get back and finish some of my incomplete stories and this is one of them. I'm not sure when I'll get to it, but I have started the epilogue, so hopefully it won't be another year until I write it. Thanks for all of the support though that everyone has been showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment